InXile Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced Art Director for a next-generation role-playing game. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative innovator with experience leading and managing large art teams, combined with a proven track record in developing extraordinary visuals in modern RPGs and other games. Working directly with the Game Director and other project stakeholders, the Art Director is expected to set and maintain a high visual bar - and then help lead a AAA art team on one of the studio’s flagship titles. This is a rare opportunity to help bring an extraordinary new world to life with some of the industry’s most well-known gamemakers and storytellers.
- Proven experience in building and leading large teams on AAA-quality projects.
- Has the skills and knowledge to clearly communicate artistic direction, coupled with the ability to help the team transform that direction into mind-blowing game visuals.
- Comprehensive understanding of next-generation development techniques – such as high-fidelity modeling, materials and shaders pipelines, and advanced lighting techniques.
- Helping to create and validate asset creation pipelines for each discipline withing the art department.
- Collaborates with the Game Director and other project and studio stakeholders to make sure the game’s stated vision is represented clearly and consistently through visuals.
- Works with production to create development schedules and ensures the team has the tools necessary to deliver assets on time at quality.
- Manages and mentors leads and other members of the team, as well as working collaboratively with other discipline directors and their teams to achieve development goals.
- Creates and maintain an open, collaborative and welcoming creative environment where artists at every level can do their best work.
- Leverages outsourcing resources for in-game assets, as well as maintaining a high-level of quality and consistency across the board.
- A minimum of 5 years in an Art Director role and proven abilities in leadership to drive the creative direction of a game.
- At least 5 years' experience working in AAA games.
- Experience using Unreal 4 in a development environment
- Great organization and communication skills
- Strong management and delegation skills
- Passionate gamer with a clear understanding of modern games across multiple genres and platforms.