InXile Entertainment is looking for a talented, enthusiastic Gameplay Systems Engineer to contribute to the studio’s next-generation role-playing game. Working closely with the Lead Systems Designer and Engineer, the ideal candidate will develop and maintain a variety of gameplay systems from the back end code all the way to the UI, helping our world-class development team bring their ideas to life.
- Work with the Gameplay Systems team to implement end-to-end core RPG features such as Quests, Dialogue, Abilities, Progression, etc.
- Work with design team to evaluate workflows, establish best practices, and identify areas for improvements
- Analyze, debug, and improve existing Gameplay Systems and Unreal features.
- Collaborate with other engineers to create efficient and reusable solutions
- Advanced understanding of C++
- Strong communication skills and a passion for making games
- Self-Motivated and willing to participate in all areas of engineering
- Basic understanding of artist, designer, and engineer development pipelines
- UI Engineering experience
- Professional experience using Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization
- Previously shipped console games
- Passion for RPGs